EPIC Theatres to Open State of the Art 16 Screen EPIC of St. Augustine on May 1, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl. (August 1, 2008) – EPIC Theatres Inc., a Florida based theatrical exhibition company, announced today that EPIC Theatres of St. Augustine, at EPIC Village will open to the public on May 1st 2009, bringing the gift of the best possible out-of-home entertainment experience to the St. Augustine area.
The new state-of-the-art theatre will open in time to play Fox pictures highly anticipated film “X-Men Origins” Wolverine” as well as Disney’s “The Hannah Montana Movie”. In addition to offering the highest quality 3-D presentations in select auditoriums.
The first digital EPIC theatre in the area, EPIC of St. Augustine will also show exciting alternative content. Guests will experience live entertainment on the big screen featuring top concert tours such as “Hannah Montana” and “The Johnas Bros.”, operas including performances from the Metropolitan Opera and other entertainment such as professional sporting events.
EPIC theatres is owned and operated by 4th and 5th generation motion picture exhibitors, who have been committed to creating the finest movie going experience for it’s patrons since 1947.
Guests will "have an EPIC experience" at the new theatre, as a 40-foot-high central tower will greet guests as they enter through a tree-lined courtyard. EPIC Theatres of St. Augustine will be adorned with EPIC’s signature design concepts such as, auditoria specifically designed for 3-D presentation, a high-capacity refreshment stand, a gourmet eatery, and a custom gaming area in the lobby will enhance the entertainment experience.
EPIC Theatres of St. Augustine will feature EPIC’s signature quality, comfort, service, convenience and commitment to guest satisfaction, and will showcase modern amenities including:
- Sixteen auditoriums with more than 2,500 seats.
- Stadium seating with 18-inch risers and 46-inch row spacing for a perfectly clear, unobstructed view in all auditoriums.
- Comfortable LoveSeat®-style seating featuring lifting cupholder armrests.
- Digital Projection Technology in select auditoriums.
- 3-D Presentations in select auditoriums.
- Wall-to-wall curved premium movie screens in every auditorium.
- Uncompressed digital six-channel audio coupled with Dolby® Digital signal processing in every auditorium for clear, dynamic distortion-free audio and lifelike special effects.
- Large, efficient, fast-serve concession area with digital menu boards offering a wide variety of moviegoers' favorite theatrical food and beverage options, including free refills on large fountain drinks and large popcorn.
- A custom-designed gaming area featuring top-performing arcade games with wide appeal, allowing guests an opportunity to enjoy relaxed or competitive play before or after their movie experience.
- EPIC Guest Services area for superior guest service.
- Advance credit card tickets sales online at www.epictheatres.com
- Four Automated Box Offices (ABO’s) for easy ticket purchasing and advance ticket order pick-up.
- Large Party rooms, for your birthday or group event celebration
Located at the intersection of U.S. 207 and Holmes Blvd. in the Newly Constructed EPIC Village Shopping Center, EPIC Theatres of St. Augustine is the entertainment anchor to a 60,000-Square foot open-air center.